How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3478
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Do you deal with Education Law? UK, My son has failed one

This answer was rated:

Hi, do you deal with Education Law?
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My son has failed one final exam module in Physics by 0.9% in the course work rather than the exam. He already complained to the uni that the online coursework didn't take into account the method used. It just took into account the final result. His feedback was not considered at the time. Now he has to wait a whole year to resit the exam just for the sake of 0.9%. He has spoken to his Advisor and is in the process of appealing formally through the university Appeals process.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't know if it is too soon to connect with a lawyer. Will there be any ground for using the legal means? My son is also disabled and has made a few extenuating circumstances claims

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

RJM Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for the update.

Thank you for the question.  I am sorry to hear about this matter.  In the first instance you will want to exhaust the complaints procedure with the school.  However, from a legal perspective, if there are issues with his disability which have affected this, and the school are not willing to take this into account then it may be the case a discrimination has occurred under the Equality Act 2010 perhaps a failure to make reasonable adjustments for him.  However that can be quite legally complex and prior to going down this route I would wait to see what the appeal says.  However this is something you can raise with the school in the meantime.  If you feel this is potentially the case you could look at having the matter assessed by a solicitor.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.