How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3479
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

My kids phone been 2 weeks to be repair and in the end

This answer was rated:

My kids phone been 2 weeks to be repair and in the end didn't work and the employee refuse to give me refund
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Abbey wood
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I asked refund but refuse it to give me I call police, but been told not police matter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Will cost me!? Because I'm losing already 75 pounds plus my kid doesn't have the phone

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for the response
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How can I call you

Thank you for the question.  I am sorry to hear about this matter.  They are correct that this would not be a police matter but a civil matter.  You have rights under the consumer rights act you can enforce, if they do not accept this you can look at a small claims action again them.

Under the Consumer Rights Act, if you find the there is a fault with the item purchased then you can ask for a refund within 30 days, if you exceed 30 days but are under 6 months then you have to provide the seller to repair or replace the item, if they cannot do this then you can request a refund.  If you notice the issues after  6 months then the onus is on you to prove that the issues were present at the time of purchase which can prove more difficult.  However if the seller is not willing to comply with any of your rights under the Consumer Rights Act then you can enforce these by taking court action.

I will provide you with a helpful link which will allow you to find a solicitor near your local area who will be able to assist you with this matter.

I hope this information has helped.  You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is; (Scotland) (Ireland)

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the  future,  please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you