Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Ben your answer was very useful but if we cannot deliver the

Customer Question

Hi Ben your answer was very useful but if we cannot deliver the scaffold to the scaffolders yard how long do we need to keep it for him to collect from the site and after a certain time can we dispose of it
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

Do you have somewhere where you can store it temporarily? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Maybe in the car park it’s transporting it that’s difficult as the vans not big enough
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Thank you. You need to give them a reasonable opportunity to collect it and usually it is recommended a months notice before you dispose of it. The notice must be in writing, advise them of where the scaffolding is kept and where they can collect it from, give them a specific deadline by which it must be collected and also advise them of what would happen if they fail to do so.

You actually should not just dispose of it and you need to try and make the most of it, like sell it or at least try and recoup some money for it. That money would be due to them, less any costs and expenses due to you already, including those involved in the removal and disposal of the scaffolding.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best