SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I have not been able to make child maintenance payments

Hi. I have not been able to make child maintenance payments because every penny I earn is being used to pay for my child court matters. What can I do
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Gloucester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am afraid that what you have to do is pay the child maintenance before you pay for anything related to child court matters. Child maintenance is not an optional payment, if you don't pay it you will just accrue arrears. And if you accrue arrears, the resident parent can ask for enforcement action against you.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.