INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I downloaded an app on my Samsung tablet and within a few

Customer Question

Hi. I downloaded an app on my Samsung tablet and within a few minutes all the funds in my account was cleared out. Can I claim this back from Samsung?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted Samsung and they said as it is a 3rd party app, I should contact them myself. I contacted them asking for my funds, however no response.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else at this point.
Expert:  INC Law replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you reported the fraud to your bank?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I had crypto in an app called TrustWallet on my Apple Iphone. To get more functionality, I purchased a Samsung tablet and downloaded TrustWallet. As I entered my passcode to get access to my account, that passcode was used by the fraudsters to access my account and took all my crypto. I don’t think I can report this to TrustWallet as this was not their app but an app created by fraudsters.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I believed that the app I download from Samsung would be secure.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
37k USD at that point was stolen. The price of the crypto assets will be different now.
Expert:  INC Law replied 13 days ago.

Have you reported the matter to the Police?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No but I could if that can help.
Expert:  INC Law replied 13 days ago.

I would suggest you report the matter to the Police who may investigate.  You also need to report the matter to the bank and request that they investigate.

Finally, I would suggest you report the incident to the Internet service provider.

You may also be able to fine some law firms who specialise in dealing with online frauds if you do a Google search.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.