Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I contacted Resolver to make a consumer complaint.They

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I contacted Resolver to make a consumer complaint.They assigned me a new e/mail address which included the word:slag
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I was then bombarded with this e/mail address at the rate of 5 a day making a total of approx 25 e/mails.It has caused me a great deal of anxiety and distress but Resolver appear to be disinterested,blaming the problem on their software.I am in the uk,south east.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted the COO of the company who is blaming the problem on a software glitch.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I could have understood if I had received one of these offensive e/mails but I have been bombarded with them!

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I want to know whether this could be considered libellous?It has been going on for some weeks now and has been incredibly distressing.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can you email me please?

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. What was the email address in question, please? Just so I can see what you are referring to

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello,the email address allocated to me by Resolver was:mary.spence5slag
Many thanks.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They have suggested that it was a problem with their software and not a human error.But they cannot explain why I received so many addressed to me in this manner?

what did the messages contain?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They contained a link to Pandora,which was the company that I had the original problem with.Resolver have proven that this was nothing to do with Pandora.

Ok thank you. To be fair, from a neutral perspective, this does look like a technical issue rather than someone deliberately targeting you. These ‘bursts’ of email spam are not uncommon and can easily be due to a technical glitch.

Also, this has nothing to do with libel or defamation ort anything of the sort. No statements have been made to a third party, no clearly false information about you has been disseminated to others.

Whatever happens is between you and the company but no laws have been broken here and that means you cannot realistically take it any further than an internal complaint with them.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay,I really do appreciate your advice.Had I received only one of these emails I would have understood.But they cannot explain to me why I had been receiving them at the rate of at least 5 per day,almost 30 in total.
I have not found Resolver to be very helpful at all.Thank you for your kind explanation.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best