Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I am trying to get registered as a self-employed carer, my

Hello, I am trying to get registered as a self-employed carer, my current BRP expires on the 19th of September 2021 and I already submit the Application and expect for the decision on Indefinite Leave to remain. As I understand my current BRP, even expired, should be still accepted as a permission to stay and work in the UK while I am waiting for the new one? And one more question please.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Yes, I submitted application, supporting documents and did biometrics
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: I am citizen of Ukraine and a spouse of British citizen and mother of 2 British kids
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It is not my main question. Sorry. You rushed me. Don't be bothered. Regards

Hi, Welcome to JA

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was shut too fast and couldn't ask my main question. Would like to add

Yes this is correct, if you have submitted your application online prior to the expiry of your BRP leave, your pre-existing rights continue to co-exist

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't nee immigration advice!!!

If this is in respect of your right to work. This is covered under Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I would like to know how can I register as a self-employed carer if I have BRP but in the registration form for self assessment/employment requires British passport or Northern Ireland driving license as a proof of identity. I was wondering how to do it, if you could help?
Thank you ))

You would need to obtain a UTR number. This is similar to a N.I number. It would better to get it done via an Accountant or alternatively you could open up a new question and have the category - Accountant

Customer: replied 17 days ago.