12826847

My son who is 17 was arrested for having 10 small bags of

Hi my son who is 17 was arrested for having 10 small bags of canabbis and intent to supply. His phone has been detained and the police are still investigating. He was released on bail but his 28 days were up yesterday. We were told that he will receive a letter in the post when the investigation is over. How long can they keep investigating? It is first ever proper arrest. He is apologetic and a high flyer in school. Applying for universities. Is there any way he could try and avoid a criminal conviction???
JA: What was your son charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?
Customer: Possession of class b drugs, intent to supply. And handling stolen goods but he owned up and gave his friends name who's bike or was and the officer went around to his friends house the next day and this was all correct.
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: he was sat on a bench in pinner
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he was smoking a spliff on the bench.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
As he is 17 at the time of the offence and it's his first time he was officially arrested could he avoid a criminal conviction? As he is applying for universities etc
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok, I thought I've just paid £44 for a call? £98 in total.... For a text?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.

I can call but it will be about 15 mins?  Is that ok?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Well yes. That's ok

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
thank you for your call. I can only keep reiterating for him to focus in the right way in life.

Yes, but just leave this case to his solicitors.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok, will do. Thank you again