JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

My ex partner we lived together for 16 months in my house,

My ex partner we lived together for 16 months in my house, he is a lawyer and constantly verbally abused my youngest daughter ( she is now 17 but 16 at the time) the relationship ended June 2021 the police were involved and he is on the national data base for domestic abuse. Can I take things further and report him to law ombudsman?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North Wales - Wrexham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: putting him in the NDBDA my daughter is having counselling
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the police told me I was in a coercive relationship with my ex
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in family law and dispute resolution so I'd be happy to offer some guidance.The disciplinary body for solicitors is the Solicitors' Regulation Authority. They may choose to conduct their own investigation if they believe that his actions brought the profession into disrepute. If there were actual criminal proceedings against him, he should have declared them especially if they resulted in a conviction.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
There were no convictions brought against him only if he came near my house again I could call the police and have him arrested. I have a recorded conversation where he admits to calling my daughter names and swearing at her and emails with abusive messages
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thank you
https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/who-we-are/sra-regulate/#principles the link gives you broad guidance about when the SRA will consider action. It includes the potential to impact a vulnerable child.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy I will look at that link you have sent
My pleasure. Good luck and please let me know if you need any further assistance. Kind regards, J