RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Small claim for professional negligence, I am from

Customer Question

small claim for professional negligence
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am from Basingstoke
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: the case was held in Suffolk Ombudsman
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I will need help with pre-action protocol
Expert:  RJM Law replied 15 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  Pre-action protocol is simply a letter stating that you are going to take legal action. I have attached a template to this email for you.   If you require to take action and the sum of which is less than £10k then you can use the small claims process.

You can complete the forms for a claims action easily online.  You will have to highlight what the issues are and tell them how much you are claiming for, to be honest the first are straight forward and self-explanatory.   If you feel you can do this yourself then you don’t really need to hire a solicitor but I will provide details for you in case you feel you want to.  You will then receive a response to the claim and a court date.  On the day (unless they offer a settlement) you will appear at the local court and basically provide your evidence and give you claim to the judge and they will response.  The judge will assess the merits of the claim and defence and make a judgement this should be relatively easy for you to prove so the respondent may well offer a settlement in the meantime.

I hope this information has helped.  You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the  future,  please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.