How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3487
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Is there pay protection during redeployment, I mean do I

This answer was rated:

Is there pay protection during redeployment, I mean do I need to get paid for the period I am made to sit at home waiting for the new place to be deployed and actually not going to work, because old place not suitable due disability and new place still not found. How long the max the period can be by law? If not redeployed during this time what should employer do - dismiss due disability, any compensation?

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Thank you for the question.  You should receive remuneration if you are not able to attend work.  The employer is required to consider any jobs you may be able to do, but that does not mean there will be one available.  If they are unable to find one then they can dismiss you on the grounds of capability.  Sadly, there is no "compensation" for this.  However, you will have a contract and your employer will require to pay you all of your notice pay as well as any holidays you have accrued that are not used.  The employer should also have looked at all reasonable adjustments that could have been made for you in your previous workplace.  You should ask your employer to confirm that you will be on "garden leave" when you are not working, in which case they should be paying you full pay.  If they. have failed in any part of this it could be a discrimination.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
RJM is PERFECT, the system marked him wrong. Zero rating was ment to solicitor ED

Thank you.

RJM Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you