MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
109551472

I'm the person who asked about giving $130,000.00 to settle

I'm the person who asked about giving $130,000.00 to settle an estate in London. I was wondering, is there some way I could find out if he was a real person? Was he really killed in an automobile accident in 2000? His name was Frank Dan.

Good morning thank you for your question, this seems like a very unusual request and there have been several scams recently of people in America being asked to send large sums of money to a law firm in London.

Do you have any other information? Here in the UK money like that is not requested in relation to estates.

Marian

Good morning, please contact me if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
The Barristers name is***** His e-mail address is***@******.***. He claims to be a Senior advocate of the United Kingdom. He claims that Frank Dan was an aeronautical engineer,The accident that he was killed in was in 2010 - not 2000 as I had stated before. He has an office at 2 Harcourt Building supposedly. If you need any more information, please let me know.

Ok so if you look up Harcourt Buildings you will see that they list their barristers. Also in the UK we are either solicitors or barristers or lawyers, we are not known as advocates. Also Harcourt Buildings has it's own email address so a barrister would not be using a gmail email address, nor asking for large sums of money up front, so you can guarantee that this is a scam.