Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

A French assurance company keep contacting me... A French

A French assurance company keep contacting me...
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: A French assurance company.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: They keep contacting me because my neighbour has some beaches overhanging his garden from my 2m hedge. I recently cut this hedge removing 95% of these branches. But I must have missed some.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I believe a recent email from the company is saying they will take me to court. This company does not have my permission to contact me. I do not know where they got my email address from and I have been unable to reply as the email address is a no reply mail box. I attend the hedge each time I return to France but how do i stop this harassment?

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.

Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussions on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. As the property is based in France this question should be passed on to a French lawyer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have writen the following to their [email protected] email addressHelloApologies for using this email address but I have written to info at pacifica with no reply.I keep getting email to this email address from your company, from a no reply email address.It is always in French and seems to be connected to my neighbour and a hedge.Please can you send me1. all information you have about me on file
2. The voncent form from me giving you permissionyou to contact me.
3. Your legal reasons for contacting meMy understanding of GDRP rules is that you may not contact me without point 2 and 3 being addressed and you informing me of these reasons within 1 month of the first contact.ThanksSteve Jackson
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Are you switching me then please?

Ok, great. It is a good way of requesting personal information from an EU country.

No, I am not. I don't think this is possible on this website. You will need to instruct one privately.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you advise on GDRP rules then. Ie . If they continue to write to me without responding to my request what can I do? This is a EU requirement with which the UK is still adhering to.

Yes, of course. The GDPR (as translated in English) does apply in France and they have an obligation under it to provide you with all of you personal data, as per your request. If they fail - then you can take legal action against them!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Once they reply they should be giving me a legal reason for contacting me. Correct? Once I have this legal reason, would that be the pint at which I engage a solicitor?

They should explain why the hold you personal data and provide you with a legitimate reason for doing so.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Also. If they say they will take me to court what happens here? Years ago I had a company try and pursue me for money. Debt. They sent letters. I replied and said they could not write to me again unless they were going to sue me. I write to this pacifica company with they same request will this stop the emails?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If they did this constitutes harassment.

If it was in England and Wales this could potentially help. But I don't know what the position would be in France.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Understood. Thanks for now. Is this conversation stored for me to refer to later?

Pleasure. Yes, it is.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I see I have it in my email anyway too. Thanks. Steve

Good, thanks for using our service, Steve.