How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 579
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

I have a small claims case coming up with a lady regarding

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a small claims case coming up with a lady regarding an unreleased deposit I need advise on obtaining proof of her divorce and a case she with another landlord regarding deposit do you know a database or way of getting these in my proof
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: .London uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Mid case
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.
You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.
Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate.

Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Thank you for your patience. You could request disclosure of this information from the other party, and if they refuse it, you will have a chance to make an application to the judge for disclosure.

I am not ware of any database.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Great thank you, ***** ***** i do that? Do I need to contact her and the court requesting that information?

Have you issued a letter before claim yet?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Basically I rented a room with no contract when i moved out she's kicked up a fuss and help my deposit, she is now saying im lying about knowing about her divorce and that she was told she would have to sell the house on divorce. Retrospectively tha hasnt happened but I was under the impression it was a short term lease as she would be selling when the divorce went through. I need to prove that was the case and she's lying
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not I haven't
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'd put the claim to court hoping it would go to mediation but she hasn't agreed to that so now I have a date in October

I understand, then you will have to persuade the court that the information you want her to disclose is material to the case and can damage her case, and the court will decide if the disclosure is appropriate.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Great. Is this done just before the court date? To make up the bundle
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Great. What point do I request this?

You should do it before the court date, but if the other party ignores you or refuses it, you can write to the court and notify that you will be making an applications for disclosure.

Marcinlondon and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Great thank you that's really helpful.

Pleasure. Good luck!