JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have a question a US army commander is threating me and

I have a question a US army commander is threating me and also blackmailing me
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: I am in the U.K.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: no I spoke to him directly I have all the messages that he sent me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I need urgent help as he is threating me with jail and also the us army

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

Anyone in the US Army would not do this, which is the first thing - they have no jurisdiction to a) threaten someone in the UK with prison, and b) able to make such threats as they are not in the Police Force. If they contacted you out of the blue this is another red flag - if you are genuinely concerned then please call the Police on the 101 number to report this as it is highly likely to be a scam. You should also change your email passwords and any online banking passwords - if you continue to correspond with the person who is trying to scam you, they will ask for your bank details next and demand you pay them. You just need to block them.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,
Jim

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,

Jim

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Well I was given his email address by a different person called Keith mason who I paid money for his flight home of 530 pound.I have all the messages on hangouts but hasn’t asked for my bank but demanding 3000 dollers or else he will deploy his boys over here by threating me and also keeping my money and won’t let Keith fly home and he also said he put both in jail.

Thanks, ***** ***** this I am sure that you are being scammed.

The first thing to do is to report this to the Police and to Action Fraud so that you can obtain a crime reference number. The Action Fraud website where you can report the crime is here: Action Fraud

Once you have done that then see if your bank or credit card company can do a charge-back. The bank can charge-back up to 120 days from the date you sent money or paid money to a scammer, or from the date you first noticed the problem.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I done it through PayPal will that still count

Yes, you have protection with PayPal - you just need to open a dispute with PayPal so if you log in -

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-potential-fraud,-spoof-or-unauthorized-transactions-to-paypal-faq2422

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you ever so much should I report this to the US embassy

I don't think it would have any impact - the general rule is you speak to the authorities in the country where the victim is, which in your case would be Action Fraud UK.