Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I had my phone fix recently and some parts are missing, some

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i had my phone fix recently and some parts are missing, some parts have rust on them, my phone now dosent turn on
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i took it to another phone shop to get fixied and he pointed out the problems
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delay.

Please can you confirm whether you and the phone service provider are in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
my phone provider is bt
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i live in wales

The Consumer Rights Act state service provided must be performed with reasonable care and skill.

Where such service is below standard then the consumer can seek up to 100% of the amount paid to the service provider. Another remedy is repairs to the phone at no costs.

Do you understand what i have stated so far? if yes i will proceed to discuss the next step.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no, bt is my phone provider i repaired my phone at a shop call repear in pwllheli
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
he has made lost all my photos, 5 screws are missing, a cover is a missing, diffrent screen and he inserted a camera with rust on it in my phone wich lead my phone brakeing

What I meant is the shop that you took the phone for repairs is the party that has potentially breached the law not BT.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i have 2 massive dots on my top of my phone, due to him using the wrong size screews
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
01766 522679 if you call him he looked over my phone
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
he will have all the deatails about it

Unfortunately i can not call him on your behalf. I only provide suggestions on how to resolve the mater and not actually act on your behalf.

Therefore I suggest sending an email which outlines all the issues with the phone that has been discovered and also remind them about your rights under the law. Demand the phone be repaired and put back to the position it should have been.

Assuming they do not accept your position you can either consider court action or filing a complaint with the trading standards.

with regards ***** ***** action, please return to JA and we can advise on the steps to take. Alternatively you can instruct a lawyer to assist you.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i have made a complain to trading strandartds
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
personally i would like a new phone
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
do you think i have a good case against him

Sounds like you do. Whether you will get a new phone is debatable given the fact the phone you passed for repairs before the issues occurred was not a new phone.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thanks mate

Your welcome

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe