12826847

My husband has been arrested a month ago because we had an

My husband has been arrested a month ago because we had an argument and he tried to assault me. In result. I called the police. He was released on bail the next day. We have four children together. First I thought , I’ll never live with him and file for divorce. But later I had realised that living without him is almost impossible.
A little background story.
I came to Uk on spouse visa. I lived here for 11 years and time to time I reported him to the police. Because he was violent. I understand that the crime should be reported. Which I did every-time he did that. He was mostly verbally violent. This time , he assaulted me.
Before , when kids were very small. Things seemed to be easy. But now , my daughter is almost 10. I think it’s hard to live without my husband as kids miss him and I am also staying online which make it so hard to do everything on my own. my youngest daughter is 1 yr old. I have no family here so I am totally dependent on him.
Social services are also involved. And they are telling me no to go back otherwise they turn my case into child protection plan. But I haven’t told them that we are getting back together. What advice do you give me in that regard?
Anyway He came to me and said sorry. He was remorseful. I forgave him with a promise that he will never hurt me again. And we have to work as a team to raise our children. Now he is sober.
I turned my case down. The police took my statement. I want to live with him. But I forgot to tell the police that we want to live together. I was worried, they might say NO.
THE Police told me. The prosecutor will check the statement and so will CPS and then it will go to the judge. And the judge will the.lm decide. It might take months. Till then he is still on bail
But the problem is we don’t want to wait until. While he is on bail. My question is do we need to report that we live together. If we don’t. What do I expect if they find out that we are.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
basically. I want to know what are the consequences of having him back while he is still on bail.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
social services are also involved. I want to know the answer to above question. so that I can decide about the next steps.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t want to risk anything. I have four children and I want the best for them. If he is on bail and we can’t live together. What are the step to take which makes us secure from getting in to any kind of trouble.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Have you done this before?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry I didn’t understand your question

Called the police to a domestic squabble?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yess I have in past years

how many times roughly?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
4

There is absolutely no prospect of them allowing him back home. Every time you do this the same thing will happen.

You have just done this too many times and you have young children.

If you do let him come back even after the prosecution, social services will probably be interested in the safety of the children.

Of course, you might be able to avoid it by not calling the police but that doesn't help now.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What will happen if I do allow him while he is on bail
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I want to know. Are there any chance we can be together?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Social services are Involved already. They are working with children and the case is “children in need” Bec I have told them that we might get back together

There is every chance you can be together. If you stop doing this.

If you let him back and he is caught then he will probably be remanded in custody and social services may remove the children.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok. But right now the he is on bail. What do you recommend
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can he still live with me even though he is on bail. The police has taken my statement to dismiss the case. And it’s in process

Let the matter run its course, deal with social services and stop doing it.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Should the police know that we are living together?

Not really. They are very busy.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Should I let social services know that we are living together ?

No. Obviously. Unless you are asked directly and then you can't lie.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok. Thanks very much for sharing your answers with me. If you have any other advice please do give.

You have to weather the storm over this. it will eventually end. Then when it does, you might very well be able to have him back and as long as you don't call the police again, all should be well.

Obviously make reports if there is serious crime but verbal arguments do not need to involve the police. We all have those. We don't all call the police.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks very much

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
One last. How long does the ‘child in need’ plan lasts and how many times they do home visits.

Thats not my area I'm afraid. I do crime. That is a family question. I would expect it to last until they are satisfied there is no further risk.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks. That’s all I wanted to know.

Welcome.