How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3015
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

Damage to my property, Bukinghamshire, Slough, Contacted the

Customer Question

Damage to my property
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bukinghamshire, Slough
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Contacted the other party
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: A family viewing a property next door, decided to come back at 10.30/11pm at night to view again and when leaving entered my drive to turn around and got stuck. The gentleman spun the wheels of the car to get out and twice threw stones into my windows and smashed my Mercedes windscreen. Both mother and daughter were standing outside of the car so heard and saw everything. I pushed the car out unaware of the damage till morning as it was pitch black. We live a private road, The estate agents say they legally cannot give me their details and the family isn't responding to their contact and now the estate agents have said the family is out of the country. It sounds as if the Estate agents and viewing party are brushing the situation under the carpet. Does the estate agents not have an insurance in place to cover property owners from the viewing party's in these cases? Thanks.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

I suggest this is one to pursue the third party's car insurance as they will be liable to cover losses caused by the use of the vehicle in question.

In view of this i suggest you undertake this step in order to force the estate agent to provide the necessary info.

Before i proceed do you understand what i have stated so far?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Anthony, thankyou for getting back to me. Yes, please go ahead as currently the Estate agents are refusing to provide me with the viewing party's details for me to contact their insurance provider.
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.

I suggest you write to the estate agents and infomr them you intend to bring court action therefore this Request for their personal details is made under Schedule 2 Part 1(5) of the Data Protection Act 2018

Schedule 2 Part 1(5) of the Data Protection Act 2018 states that personal data are exempt from the non-disclosure provisions whereby:

  • a disclosure is required by or under an enactment, by any rule of law or by the order of a court;
  • for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings) or the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or is otherwise necessary for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.

This will compel the estate agent to release the info in question required to get the ball rolling.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thankyou so much, that is very helpful. I will write to them with the above information. Thanks again. Best Kiran
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.

Your welcome and have a good day.