UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My son has a caravan in storage on a campsite he stayed in

HiMy son has a caravan in storage on a campsite he stayed in it and the caravan site have towed it off put it back into storage they have now contacted him to say the hand break has gone and it has rolled into another caravan causing damage to that caravan and writing his off. They say he needs to claim off his insurance but his hand breaking was working fine when he left it and clearly was fine when they parked it as they have said when they parked it they didn’t notice anything surely they must have public liability for incidents like this any advice would be much appreciated

I am a solicitor.

If the caravan was being towed by them, they had a duty of care to ensure that they towed it properly without causing damage to it and other caravans.

They may be trying to pass on their liability to him and he should hold them liable for the damage to his caravan. If it was insured, he should contact his insurer about this.

It may mean that he has to take them to court of they refuse to accept liability for the incident.

May I help further?

I trust that my response was useful.

All the best