12826847

I have a quick question. I received a Fixed Penalty Notice

Hello, I have a quick question. I received a Fixed Penalty Notice for littering. This was later on cancelled by the Council as I provided evidence that we had reported 2 missed collections. I am now applying for citizenship and it's asking me if I ever had a FPN, what should I answer? I'm in London, UK The FPN was withdrawn by them, and I never had to pay/go to court.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, UK As I said, I provided evidence to the council of 2 missed collections and they agreed the FPN was not valid upon seeing that evidence, so they cancelled it. my question is: do I still need to mention it to the Home Office for Citizenship application even though the FPN was cancelled? I don't want to appear as if I'm hiding it, but it was cancelled so I'm not sure.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: see above
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello Jo, thanks for your quick reply.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I hope this is a real human being and not an automated robot? :)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's a small and quick question, so for now, no need for a phone call.

Its not particularly small. Its actually a pretty long post.

Obviously you should tell them as you were issued a FPN. You can explain that it was withdrawn when you explained but it is just not true that you didn't ever have one.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you. so even if the FPN was cancelled, it is still somewhat attached to my name?

Well, it doesn't matter whether its recorded or not. The issue is that you have received one which is what you're asked about.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you for the clarification! have a great day.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.