How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 40058
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mother died 3 years ago. Just prior to her death my

Customer Question

My mother died 3 years ago. Just prior to her death my brother arranged for her to change her will so he was the sole beneficiary and executor. My sister and I are disputing the will. It has just come to light that he has applied to close one of my mothers frozen accounts and have £85,000 transferred to him. The bank has refused. Is this attempt a crime? Should we report it to the police or will the bank?
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Analyst should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
please continue to search.
Expert:  MarianC replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear of your situation. I assume that you currently both have solicitors in which case you need to ask your solicitor to inform your brother's solicitor? The bank will not inform the police, but you need to ensure that you inform the bank that the Will is disputed so that they note their system to not close any accounts nor release any balances.

Kind regards