12826847

My mother died 3 years ago. Just prior to her death my

Customer Question

My mother died 3 years ago. Just prior to her death my brother arranged for her to change her will so he was the sole beneficiary and executor. My sister and I are disputing the will. It has just come to light that he has applied to close one of my mothers frozen accounts and have £85,000 transferred to him. The bank has refused. Is this attempt a crime? Should we report it to the police or will the bank?
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Analyst should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
please continue to search.
Expert:  MarianC replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear of your situation. I assume that you currently both have solicitors in which case you need to ask your solicitor to inform your brother's solicitor? The bank will not inform the police, but you need to ensure that you inform the bank that the Will is disputed so that they note their system to not close any accounts nor release any balances.

Marian