MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I had a deadline on Friday 10th to submit my claim but I

Customer Question

Hi I had a deadline on Friday 10th to submit my claim but I need more time consider options reach a settlement and not go to employment tribunal
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Email trade union rep spoke to legal advisor dealing with case and acas reconciliation
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Its about disability discrimination harassment in workplace
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you clarify your question?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Document state claims I am bring under the equality act
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Under equality act I need put my claim to tribunal as it was order by judge
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I no longer work there and some adjustments put into place but I was harrassed etc not able to do my job properly as I was a full time employee and training as apprentice
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The issue was I cant change the way people understand disabilities
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was ask what is it related to what disability is it relate to people expect me to discuss it out in open not in private
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The service comes first but what about employee
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They lack proper training expertise to deal with people with a communication and mental health condition
To clarify you are pursuing a claim for discrimination arising from disability, you will need to provide specifics of the disability to succeed with the claim.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
this is claim
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Autism
Thank you so you will to provide details of how the employer discriminated you on the basis of your autism.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I would like to avoid going to employment tribunal because costs, stress, and my anxiety
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can this be avoid by reach a settlement outside of this via acas?
you can reach settlement through ACAS however you will need to ensure that your claim is pursued in time.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What do you mean? It was over a year ago I was employ there
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I could not pursue this then as I was deal with benefits housing etc as that took priority
Thank you for the clarification, I understand this however the tribunal are unlikely to extend the limitation period to 12 months as the usual limitation period is 3 months.
I understand that this is not the answer you are seeking however I can only advise on the law from the facts.