12826847

JHi. I, I need to speak with solicitor about DV statement I

Customer Question

JHi . HI I
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi I need to speak with solicitor about DV statement I gave
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: uk i am pregnant and was under a lot of stress social services and police put a lot of pressure on me and threat me to take children. I was under stress and police officer made me give wrong statement he said
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: And social services give me alot of stress and pressure to sign
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Jo, thank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Give me 5mins i will type and you can call me pls
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is that ok?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

What do you want to know about this ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have given DV statement to police and social services manipulated me and I am 4months pregnant. I do not understand law and was very worried at the time and had anxiety. Social services a d police used me to give a statemme t that is not correct and I want to take bAck. They said system is with women and threat me to take children. One social worker even called my parents who are not in this country and threatened them I will go to jail if I withdraw. TPolice officer use to come alone in my home and took advantage of my situation and told.me to lie it's ok as first statement need to be strong. I don't know law and they wanted to break my marriage. I was shivering and scared at the time and pregnant but they took to regard of my situation and reallyed gave me a lot of stress and I never wanted to sign as it was not correct and I was pressured harrased to sign as I did not want my children taken by social services.I sent withdrawl email and police officer want to meet now alone again for withdrawal statement and I told him to bring some female with him who speaks my language and he email.me back to say no female available and j can give statement on the phone to him but I don't trust him. He made me give wrong statemtn and said he will write a statement that when judge see he will give my husband maximum jail. They pressure me to sign and now I am having anxiety attack and seeking my GP and specialist help.Authorities gave me a lot of stress and even made me change bail condition through social services. Theyy had no concern that I am pregnant and it's affecting my unborn child ..
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Thank you but the authorities did not give you stress. You caused this when you called the police and made an allegation against you. The authorities are doing their jobs. This can be avoided by not involving them. You did not. Nobody made you make a false statement. You just chose to sign it. You must own this issue.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

They probably will summons you. That is their policy and has been for many years.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Now I have withdrawn police officer told me they will pursue the case anyway and wanted to meet me for withdraw statement but I said pls come with lady police officer who speak my language and he said there is no lady available and want to speak alone over phone ..he and social give me a lot of stres
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Yes, that is their policy. They will as well.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

It doesn't really matter whether you retract or not. They will summons.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I did not now the system they manipulated me .. and police write statements for me
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Pressure me and I was not thinking normal at the time I have seen my gp and seeing specialist now
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Yes, of course. You signed it. If it was not true you would not have done so because that would be perjury./

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don’t know this language .. perjury?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

The problem is this; you can't just call the police during arguments and then retract any more I'm afraid. It just doesn't work like that and it hasn't for years.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Social services and police say put other allegations to like molestation and I did not know what it meant at the time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Yes, that is their job. If you don't want that, and I understand why you wouldn't, you can avoid it by not calling them and making allegations to them.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I did not call police it was done wmthrough mi wife
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

but you made an allegation.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
what is my option now? How can I stop this? I have proof social services used me and even called parents abroad
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
To put pressure on me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

No. They will summons you. You just have to whether the storm I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thx
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.