How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1150
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

I am the executor of my mum's estate. I have been in contact

Customer Question

I am the executor of my mum's estate. I have been in contact with her energy suppliers this was going on even before her death in April 2020. Scottish Power have disputed the photographs sent to them regarding the meter readings at my late mothers flat. I am trying to resolve this and not getting much satisfaction. Scottish Power keep fobbing me off. I don't know now what to do? My mum had continued to pay for her electricity even though at the time she was in a care home. We are owed money i don't know how much exactly as I knew my mum was using hardly any electricity when she was in her flat. I have not received a letter stating exactly how much the estate of my late mum is owed. I don't know where to turn to next.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Stevenage in Hertfordshire. My mum's flat was in Eastleigh Hampshire.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The only steps i have taken so far is to contact Scottish Power and try resolve this situation.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I think that is all.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MarianC replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear that you have lost your mother and also for this situation. If you are getting no where with Scottish Power then you need to lodge a formal complaint so that it is moved to someone who can investigate properly. Sometimes they confuse the meter numbers and may have your mother's meter mixed up with someone else's. If it is still not resolved then they will recommend that you contact the ombudsman who will take up your complaint and investigate.

Kind regards


Expert:  MarianC replied 13 days ago.

Good morning please contact me again if you need further assistance.