How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask leylashahin Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 334
Type Your Law Question Here...
leylashahin is online now

I'm currently in a sticky situation with my husband and

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm currently in a sticky situation with my husband and wanted to get my things from our home but his not allowing me to
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've spoken to my husband and told him I want to get my things but his said no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hi do you own the property?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No we were renting from his dad
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
You can ask a solicitor to write him a letter to arrange a mutually convenient time to hand over your belongings to you or a third party.
You may ask the police to accompany you.
If there is violence, you can make an application to the court for a non molestation order and an occupation order to stay in the property.
Please note this is not a real time chat service.
leylashahin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your time