JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I also have been working with this company, ANIC Associates

I also have been working with this company, ANIC Associates & have actually sent money to them already, £1,542.00 to date. I was lead to believe they were genuine, really official doc's etc'!! Am I now to believe I have been done & hat money is now lost?

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

A few other customers have asked the very same question. The main issue is a) whether you were cold-called (i.e. they rang you out of the blue) - if they did this, they have your data somehow which may be a breach of your data rights; and b) they ask for an up front payment. You are effectively putting your trust in to a company which probably cold-called you - they have not been around for very long either and I would suggest that you speak to either your bank (to ask for a charge back) or your credit card company (to ask to make a claim for a refund under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974).

I cannot say whether a company is legitimate or not as the case may be as this is not a private forum and there are issues regarding defamation - I would simply advise caution and if you are uncomfortable with the fact you have paid up front and nothing is being done regarding your case, you can argue your consumer rights have been affected and ask your payment provider to reimburse you.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,
Jim

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,

Jim

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for your advice! I will speak to my bank ASAP and see what they can do?

No problem, I hope it works - if not then I have a list of a few companies could help to retrieve the funds though all being well your bank will be able to assist if you call them right away.