frantzgregory
frantzgregory,
80411141

I have been told that for my case I need a civil litigator

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my name is ***** ***** I have been told that for my case I need a civil litigator who practices consumer law, can you help me please?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No not yet. I am now in Italy but I am UK resident and the question is related to a UK financial lender
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I opened a complaint with the financial lender but with no success for almost 2 years, I also contacted financial-ombudsman but apparently due to Covid reasons they are delaying my case response.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so....
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 14 days ago.

Hello, thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your question.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi! Many thanks for that

You should wait to receive a decision from the Ombudsman I am afraid. If this is a civil dispute you will have 6 years to bring a claim.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
oh....so cannot be assisted legally until the Ombudsman answer to me, right? sorry to repeat but just want to be sure

What are the legalities in this case?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have been financially affected by the unprofessionalism and incompetence of the lender for more than 2 years now
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 13 days ago.

In what way?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
In Jun 2016 I got a business loan from Street UK (now Enterprise Fund) and started paying monthly instalments of approx £500.
In November 2018 due to my unemployment, Street UK reduced the monthly instalment to £5 and I was aware that it would affect my credit score. In July 2019 I have restarted the agreed/original payment of approx £500 per month but Street UK has failed to update the Credit Report Agencies (I use Experian) which show Street UK as a default account (payments more than 3 months of late) instead of active account (payments in good standing) reflecting in a Very Poor band of the credit score (My credit score should be Excellent)
June this year the lender Street UK has sold the debt to Enterprise Fund. The old account was closed and a new one opened. The new account is still in the default status
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My credit history has been ruined
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 12 days ago.

How much was the loan for? If they reduced the loan repayment it make little sense that they should record a default payment. Be interesting to hear what their reasons were like I said need to wait for Ombudsman's decision.