Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

I was travelling thought England and it was connection

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I was travelling thought England and it was connection flight but they put me in quarantine hotel at Gatwick airport don’t really know why because my final destination was Holland. Many thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am not aloud to take any steps they put me in quarantine hotel and plus they charge my credit card of nearly 2.5k
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Good morning yes I can wait many thanks
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 13 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the following:-www.citizensadvice.org.uk; solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk; www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 13 days ago.

At present the Netherlands are on the amber list for UK, so before travelling to England you would needed to have done the following:

1. take a COVID-19 test – you must take the test in the 3 days before you travel to England

2. book and pay for COVID-19 tests – to be taken after arrival in England

3. complete a passenger locator form

You must do these things whether you are fully vaccinated or not.

When arriving in England, If you are fully vaccinated you must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2.

This applies if you’re fully vaccinated under either:

the UK vaccination programme, or the UK vaccine programme overseas, or an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA - not all are recognised in England.

(It also applies if you are taking part in an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial in the UK or the USA, under 18 and resident in the UK, a UK Overseas Territory, the USA or one of the specified European countries).

If you will be in England for less than 2 days you still need to book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test. You only need to take the test if you are still in England on day 2.

If you are not fully vaccinated and If you do not qualify under the fully vaccinated rules, on arrival in England you must:

1. quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days

2. take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8

If you are in England for less than 10 days, you need to quarantine for the time you are here. You need to book day 2 and day 8 travel tests. You only need to take the tests if you are still in England.

Test to Release scheme

If you need to quarantine, you may be able to end quarantine early if you pay for a private COVID-19 test through the Test to Release scheme.

more information can be found here:-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list-rules

In regards ***** ***** whether you need to quarantine depends on if you were “airside” or “landside”.

‘airside’ - you do not pass through UK border control before you leave on your connecting journey

‘landside’ - you do pass through UK border control, but come back through it and leave the UK within a short amount of time (usually 24 hours).

If

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 13 days ago.

I hope this has assisted your enquiry.