UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I had my dog at a home border. She is now pregnant as she

Customer Question

I had my dog at a home border. She is now pregnant as she was put with 3 different unneutered dogs. Am I able to get compensated for the costs due to their negligence? I am also very concerned for her safety as the dogs were all bigger than her ( she is a Lhasa apso and the dogs were a Labrador, spaniel and pug x frenchie
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North East England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked if their insurance covers this and they said it doesn’t cover pregnancy
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Where she stayed was at a private in home bordering which was also run through a company called Rover
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

Yes, you may file a claim against them for negligence if you were assured that your dog would not be exposed to other dogs and so on.

You may get a solicitor to write to them and see if they are willing to pay for your costs without having to go to court.

If they refuse, you would need to file court proceedings.

May I help further?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

I trust that my response was useful.

All the best

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

You are welcome.