How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8106
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I had my dog at a home border. She is now pregnant as she

Customer Question

I had my dog at a home border. She is now pregnant as she was put with 3 different unneutered dogs. Am I able to get compensated for the costs due to their negligence? I am also very concerned for her safety as the dogs were all bigger than her ( she is a Lhasa apso and the dogs were a Labrador, spaniel and pug x frenchie
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North East England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked if their insurance covers this and they said it doesn’t cover pregnancy
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Where she stayed was at a private in home bordering which was also run through a company called Rover
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.


I am a solicitor.

Yes, you may file a claim against them for negligence if you were assured that your dog would not be exposed to other dogs and so on.

You may get a solicitor to write to them and see if they are willing to pay for your costs without having to go to court.

If they refuse, you would need to file court proceedings.

May I help further?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

I trust that my response was useful.

All the best

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

You are welcome.