Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My daughters dog is currently at PDSA Huyton Liverpool uk

My daughters dog is currently at PDSA Huyton Liverpool uk with lepto. They want to destroy her but are not allowing access to her pet, whilst they euthanise her. Very distressing and would like to know if we can have access.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Liverpool uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Tried to negotiate with them, we know it’s contagious, and my daughter is taking antibiotics for bacterial infection. Can they stop her from seeing her pet?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have offered to remove the animal, I have spoken to the duty vet who has confirmed that their policy right now is that family members cannot be present whilst the pet is put to sleep. Even the vet does not fully understand why
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ve just negotiated a FaceTime whilst the euthanasia took place. Heartbreaking. Any advice on collecting remains would be most appreciated. Maybe I will retrain as a solicitor x

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

I am sorry given the risk of the infection being transmitted from the animal to yourselves it is unlikely you will be able to collect the remains. An infection of this nature can lead to the death of anyone infected. With this in mind, the dogs remains will likely be destroyed professionally. I trust this assists though I am sorry I cannot give you better news.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy. I thought this may be the case. My daughter and her partner have also contacted this disease and are receiving treatment. Once again thank you
Happy to help take care
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney