Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

Disorder in a house share? Why is it not recognised? Are

Disorder in a house share? Why is it not recognised? Are there alternatives to recognising deliberate mischief in a household.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Unfortunately, I do not think that this is a matter where any law applies nor one that the courts can resolve.

In order for the civil law to step in and assist a claimant, they must have suffered some form of tangible loss, such as loss of business profits as a result of a breach of contract or infringement of intellectual property rights, damage to personal or business reputation (i.e., Defamation, Libel, Slander), wasted monies on purchasing a product or a service that was defective or never provided, personal injury or property damage.

I cannot see any contractual relationship or duty of care in tort between the parties in this matter, nor what damage, financial or other otherwise, they may have lost.   Therefore, it is more of a personal dispute rather than a legal and commercial dispute.  Overall, I think that the other party is unhappy with your conduct and just “blowing off steam” at you.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No thank you I prefer a written response...

Please see my written answer above.

The Premium Service Phone Call costs an additional £44.

I have not received a notification that you have accepted a Phone Call from my side and therefore you have not been charged extra.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ed I am really struggling to prove discrimination in a case regarding a property agent failing to resolve an issue with an individual who was presenting antisocial behaviour. Their defence was that he was rejecting the complaints made every time I raised the complaints. In turn the lettings agent did not respond to any of my emails until I called. I can make my claim on two grounds direct or indirect discrimination. Or a service complaint. But the service complaint as I understand is regarding the house not being habitable due to lack of water or heating and essential repairs not being made. The judge is claiming action was taken and they spoke to the other tenant who made allegations of his own. They were not responding to my emails or any correspondence made. How can I restructure my claim and reclaim part half if not all of my rent. As I believe this was unfair. Are there other grounds I can bring as their incompetence meant that my stay at the property was made very uncomfortable and they failed to follow their own Antisocial Behaviour Policy.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
In addition to this I suffered detriment also...

I have answered your questions as far as I am able to on the Portal.   Obviously, there is a limited amount of advice I can give based on a few lines of text on the Just Answer instant messaging Portal.  Very often the best I can do is “point you in the right direction” for the sake of seeking more detailed advice.

If you want further bespoke advice, I need to review all relevant correspondence and documents and advise in a telephone call.

I will place an offer of a Premium Service Phone Call Request through on the Portal.  If you do not want this additional service, I wish you all the very best in resolving this matter and of course for safely navigating the current “choppy waters” in which we all find ourselves.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am not very good with conversation. If I take the offer are you still able to to respond in writing. Sorry
I can provide in writing by email.I am off plaform for the rest of this evening but if you accept the offer, I can reply tomorrow.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can only provide a summary of what is happening. I have no documents for review apart from me sending out emails and them not responding. The lettings agent's representative says on numerous occasions when I emailed a complaint they rang him and dealt with the issue. For a whole year I sent 6 emails and no body responded. For the initial email to be responded to I called on Saturday after I had sent the email. They called him on Tuesday. But after this first incident more incidents take place and proper investigations are not carried out, a visit to the property is not made and their policy to either kick out the person or to refer the matter to an antisocial behaviour officer is not implemented.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have just finished the hearing 3 hours ago and he refused my claim to be made under the equality act as I could not prove that they had discriminated against me as woman or racial grounds. He said maybe incompetence played a part as they were not very organised when they submitted their bundle, which I had submitted and what they sent they said got lost in the post. The incompetence also included not responding to my complaints. They just dealt with them quietly.

Thank you for accepting my offer of a Premium Serivce Phone Call.   Can you please pass your phone number and email through on the Portal and I will call you later today, or call me on my mobile.  I believe that we need a discussion first I advise you in writing.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Shall I call now ?

Please do.