How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14747
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I'm in a very difficult situation. My human rights have been

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm in a very difficult situation. My human rights have been violated and I'm in desperate need of help
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Slough. UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None at the moment because my situation is very complicated
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been forcefully diagnosed with Mental health. Paranoid Schizophrenia but in reality I'm a perfectly of a sound mind
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 7 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you clarify your question so that I can best advise you?

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 6 days ago.

Further to the above can you provide some further information so that I can best advise you?

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 6 days ago.

Upon further review and without any further information I believe that this question is more medical than legal and therefore I will opt out of this question.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

A human rights issue would be a legal matter if your rights have been infringed.

You mention you have been forced - I am unsure if you mean you have been detailed or if the diagnosis was made and you believe this was imposed on yourself.

Under the Mental Health Act 2005 you can be detained against your will if you have a psychological illness and by not detaining you, this would either pose a risk to yourself or others (or both). You can make a complaint to the managers of your NHS or private hospital, and the person who has diagnosed you.

If this does not help, you can then ask your Care Quality Commission (CQC) to investigate the complaint - you need to contact CQC Mental Health Act, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle, NE1 4PA (by post) or by telephone: 03000 616161 (then press 1 to speak to the mental health team). Or you could email them :***@******.***.

You should also contact your local Healthwatch who are patient's consumer champions. Yours can be found here:

If want to sue for human rights then you would need a law firm (we are an internet forum) - you can find a local solicitor via this site:

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,