Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

What is a fault claim, Ulverston LA12, My vehicle has been

Customer Question

what is a fault claim
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ulverston LA12
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My vehicle has been damaged by an unknown person/vehicle and my insurers say it is a fault claim which will affect me financially
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do not have protected no claims bonus but I am unable to see how how I am at fault as my vehicle was lawfully parked and unattended
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience.

Are you based in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
address Number 7 CA13 9ET

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately given your insurance can not recoup the money used to fix your vehicle then according to insurance language it will go down as a "fault claim". That said if you ever discover the details of the person that hit you then this info should be provided to your insurer. Further this could lead to changing the status of the claim from "fault" to "TP fault" claim since your insurance have details on who to chase for the money spent to fix your vehicle.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe