How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 577
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

I have an issue with a car I bought, Manchester, I have

This answer was rated:

Hi I have an issue with a car I bought
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to the car shop who have said they will not do nyhing to fix the situation and will not let me return the car
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope
Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate.Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I bought a Subaru and there were some mechanical issues, the garage I bought the car from fixed this with the warranty I got with the car. They have charged the break callipers on the car but they took off expensive Subaru parts and replaced them with cheap non Subaru parts, this means the car is now not worth what I paid for it with these cheap parts. If these parts were on the car when I bought it I would not have purchased the car. So I said I would return the car if the same parts cannot be fitted and was told I am not able to return the car, bought on 24/08/2021

Under the Act they have to repair it, and it won't be unreasonable to expect them to repair it with the genuine parts.

So you could argue that unless they replace the parts with genuine parts, you will return the car under the Consumer Rights Act, or accept the car with an appropriate compensation.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have said both of these to the car shop and they have not agreed to give me any compensation for the break callipers or replace them with genuine parts and will not accept the car as a return
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have tried to get in contact with the shop to update them of the legal action I have taken and the manager will not take my calls and has not responded to my email
So where do I go from here?

It may be the right time to issue a letter before claim.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Would I be able to get a letter please?

I can't draft one for you I am afraid, but good templates (free ones) are available here: Problems with goods - letter before court action - Citizens Advice

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you very much I’m hoping the issue can be resolved today

Me too. I hope all goes well.

Marcinlondon and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you