JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

Consent order in palce to sell house...have a buyer for the

consent order in palce to sell house...have a buyer for the house..ex wife will not sign papers for conveyancer
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have messaged her and spoke to her but she has failed to sign
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Good afternoon and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and financial matters so I'd be happy to offer some guidance.If your ex-wife refuses to sign, you need to write to her and say that you will give her one last chance and she must sign within 7 days. If she fails to do so, you'll make an application to court to enforce the consent order and request costs from her.If she persists, you can also ask the court to order that (if the sale falls through) a judge or a senior solicitor at the firm you're using for the conveyancing sign the transfer deed on her behalf.
The application form you'd need to use us the D11 genet application form. You'd need to attach the consent order and any correspondence to your ex.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-d11-application-notice
That's a link to the D11 application form.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have allready given her the pre court letter..... how long would a hearing take, could i speed it up, perhaps an order could be made by the court without a hearing?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
12/09/2021 01:26
You could ask for the court to deal with it as a paper exercise but I strongly suspect they will call a hearing. You could mark on the D11 that it needs to be heard urgently because you could lose a sale. How quickly they'll list it is anybody's guess. At the moment, I'm finding even urgent matters are taking 2-3 weeks to be heard.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thank you
My pleasure. Good luck resolving the issue. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. Kind regards, J