Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My friend has bought a property shared ownership with a

Customer Question

HiMy friend has bought a property shared ownership with a housing association moved in in June the property is 2.5 years old she has major issues with the bedroom ceiling I will add photos a builder friend has advised it’s likely to fall through the housing association it’s out of the defect period so she has been referred to nhbc they are dragging their heels we would lien to know where she stands and what rights she has and what she should be saying to them please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

If it’s shared ownership, she needs to check the agreement. But I suspect that any repairs cost would be split between the landlord and part owner. Clearly if she owns part of it, she g to need to pay for the cost of repairs. Whether that’s 50% or a smaller portion depends on the agreement.

the cracks do not look structural, so she would be liable for that. The mould will be structural so that will be shared cost to repair.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
This was already like that when she moved in plus there’s a 10 year warranty through nhbc ? Not sure why she would be liable for any of it ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

Because she is joint owner. She had to satisfy herself as to the condition of it when she moved in. I hope that clarifies.