james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I got DUI 2 years ago. i want to apply for this new job/ im

Customer Question

I got DUI 2 years ago. i want to apply for this new job/ im sure they do back ground checks and will ask about your criminal record. do i have to disclose my DUI conviction and will it show up on a police check ?
JA: Have DUI charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: i got it 2 years ago. was banned for 16 months. paid a fine. im now driving again
JA: Where did the DUI occur?
Customer: i was driving home from a spar shop/ i was almost home when they pulled me over
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i guess before i fill out a application. i need to know if i should disclose the DUII
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  james bruce replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

sorry to hear what happened. Glad to hear you are now driving again.

If the application asks about criminal convictions etc, then yes, you will need to disclose that. It will certainly appear on a DBS check if the employer makes one.

Is should not affect your application but could do so if you fail to disclose it.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks that very helpful

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.