SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My husband who with me is a director and 33% shareholder is

Customer Question

Hello my husband who with me is a director and 33% shareholder is being forced out of the business entrusted to his son. The business is failing, equity is being significantly eroded but we are unsure what rights we have and how we can arrange an intervention?
JA: Have you talked to a financial professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: dont think so thanks
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer.

I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Please note that although we can guide you and give you information, just answer does not provide legal representation and as such no solicitor/client relationship is formed.

Thank you for your patience. I am not sure if you are saying he is being forced out as a shreholder or being removed as Director. Either way the company articles of association would dictate how any such action should happen and if the other directors and/or shareholders are not following the correct procedures as set out in the Articles and/or as required by the Companies Act 2006 then your husband is within his rights to apply for an injunction order to stop the unlawful conduct.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, we are always glad to clarify anything when needed. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.