How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5596
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

My husband who with me is a director and 33% shareholder is

Customer Question

Hello my husband who with me is a director and 33% shareholder is being forced out of the business entrusted to his son. The business is failing, equity is being significantly eroded but we are unsure what rights we have and how we can arrange an intervention?
JA: Have you talked to a financial professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: dont think so thanks
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.

I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.

Please note that although we can guide you and give you information, just answer does not provide legal representation and as such no solicitor/client relationship is formed.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. I am not sure if you are saying he is being forced out as a shreholder or being removed as Director. Either way the company articles of association would dictate how any such action should happen and if the other directors and/or shareholders are not following the correct procedures as set out in the Articles and/or as required by the Companies Act 2006 then your husband is within his rights to apply for an injunction order to stop the unlawful conduct.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, we are always glad to clarify anything when needed. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.