james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have received a solicitors letter from a former employer

i have received a solicitors letter from a former employer for breach of contract.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Sorry to hear you have received this letter, how may I assist?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you for your time today.
i am unsure how or if i should reply to the letter.

Are you in breach of contract as they claim,? What do they state you have breached.?

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.
or another expert can pick up your call request.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am not in breach of my contract. they state that i have solicited other employees to leave. i recently joined a new business and some of my colleagues, including my boss, have also joined this new business.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
please could someone else take the call request please.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
are you still there?

Then if you are satisfied with the fact that you have not breached the terms of your old contract, I would advice that you reply to the solicitors letter, it does not have to be a long letter, simply state that you are in receipt of their letter, that you categorically dispute that you are in any way in breach of contract and then put the former employer to proof to show any evidence that you have breached as they claim. Inform the solicitors that you will counter claim against the former employer if they continue their false allegations against you.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.