How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4910
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I'm looking for advised on child arrangements, Uk Bradford,

Customer Question

Hi I'm looking for advised on child arrangements
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk Bradford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Tryed communication, ask to do mediation my ex decline
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My children only see their dad on a Saturday 1pm while 8pm he will not have them for anymore time , and decides qhe
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

Are you asking if you can make the father have the children more than he currently does?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

If parents cannot agree on the child arrangements either one can take the matter to court, however first they will have to do a MIAM (mediation) which is a legal requirement before a court will accept an application. See the C100 form for more information on the MIAM and to check if you meet any of the limited exceptions for attending. If mediation takes place, hopefully you will reach an agreement, if it doesn’t, the mediator will sign the C100 and you can apply to court.

The application is made on form C100, and the cost is £215 unless the applicant is on a low income or benefits in which case they may be entitled to fee remission, see form EX160. The court will make a decision based on the best interests of the child. The court cannot, and won't, force a parent who wants the children one day a week to have them more than that however. So if that is your hopeful aim, I don't think you are going to be successful, unless taking him to court shames the father into realising he is not doing his fair share.

Find a mediator here:

C100 form:

EX160 form:

E160A Notes:

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have two children and he picks 1 up on a Saturday 1pm while 8pm alternate weekends another child . The reason for this is 7 months ago he had them both Friday to Sunday but he lives in a 2 bed and my children are 11 ,13 hes not got adequate accommodation which became a problem . And then I found out he was going to work and leaving them unattended. So I decided to put an imidate stop to this and 7 months later we have been doing the current arrangement . But he's made no effort into sorting any proper accommodation. Or wanting to see them more its now always no ill just have 1 one weekend and alternate. Is this fair ? Do I stand a chance in saying he should be having them Friday to Sunday as originally and he sort out room . Or am I being unreasonable
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

You can apply to court and see how things pan out.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I jusy wanted advise as iv said if you can put them first then don't bother and now I'm thinking I'm the 1 being unreasonable
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

I provided advice, unfortunately I cannot tell you what your chances of making the father take more responsibility, beyond that the court would not usually order more contact than a parent wants.