james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have received a notice to revela guilty or not guilt

Hi I have received a notice to revela guilty or not guilt before 19th September. The case is summarised beow. I am send a letter to agree whether I am guilty or not guilty.
I was not wearing a Mask in a Tesco Store and a PCSO ordered me to leave. However, though I did not refuse to leave in words, I remained in that place for nearly 5 minutes. This happened around 9 PM so I was half asleep and grumpy since my wife told me to get some emergency shopping. Also, I had my usual shot of whiskey, though not over the limit. So even though I was ordered to leave, I was thinking of 2 choices -getting mask from the shop or going back home. Since the PCSO's were mumbling something which they claim is " I am going to arrest to if you don't give your details" , I finally decided to leave, but the PCSO grabbed me from behind and dragged me outside the shop and hand cuffed me. Then demanded to give my details, and I demanded their ID card. The PCSO just lifted his ID and put it back but I could not see any details. I was handcuffed even before the ID was shown. So I used my one hand and called 999, to verify that they are original PCSO. After verifying their ID I gave my details and left.
My doubt is PCSO ordered me to leave- I left but after some time (may be 5-6 minutes I do not remember), Since I followed the order how come it is an offense?
Now I am send this letter to reveal guilty or not guilty.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just received the notice-
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Sorry to say but if there was a requirement to wear a mask or leave and you were told to leave, but dod not do so for 5 minutes then the offence is made out.

Many people think they can stand and argue the point raypther than simply doing as instructed and leave.

The consequence of that is court action.

I assume the PCSO was in uniform as they normally are, so would clearly be seen as a PCSO, and not someone impersonating a PCSO.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What is the reasonable amount of time to leave once we are told to leave please? Further, when I left PCSO grabbed me from behind and dragged me outside to handcuff. So I was following his order to leave but still got handcuffed? In his report, he says " At2106, I said to " YOU NEED TO PROVIDE ME WITH YOUR DETAILS OR YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED" THOMAS, was still not complying with my instructions so I grabbed hold of THOMAS wrists and removed him from the store.
This is totally wrong- He may have told the above sentence, but with the masks it was not very clear, also anyway I was walking out ( which is very clear in the camera of the store or his body cam. So there is clearly a wrong twist given to the case by the PCSO to make this case strong.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I cannot make a call now since time is 00:32 and all others are sleeping here.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

If you are to to leave, a person should turn around and do as they are told and leave. Not stay and argue the toss.

Once the officer asked for your details then they should have been given, from your account t above it looks more a case of you were told to leave and refused, were then asked to supply your details or be prosecuted only then dod you decide to leave rather then supply your details as required.

You can certainly enter a not guilty plea and argue the case in court at a trial. You could say you could not clearly hear because of the mask, however I think it unlikely the court would find in your favour but nothing stopping you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks. So my question here is - I never said I will not leave ( in words), since a bit confused at that time was there in the premise for nearly 5 minutes, but left anyway. Is that still an offence?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Further, his reporting of the offence and his actions are wrong, what can I do about that?

A person does not have to say they will not leave, there actions are enough to prosecute. When told to leave they should do so straight away.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay. Thanks for the advice. I will be in touch. It is too late now. Good night.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do you attend property cases against private landlord's ?

Sorry I don’t,

But ask that question as a new question an another expert can help.