Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

Is urinating in public a specific criminal offence? Is

Is urinating in public a specific criminal offence?Is breaching a bylaw a criminal offence?Thanks

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the following:-www.citizensadvice.org.uk; solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk; www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

The likeliest course of action of a police officer who catches someone urinating in public is a Penalty Notice for Disorder - PND under section 6 of the Public Order Act 1986 as its a pubic order offence.

PNDs are used by officers to deal with low level, anti-social and nuisance behaviour. A fine of £50 or £80 is issued, to be payed within 21 days of receipt of the notice.

I hope this has assisted your enquiry and thank you for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.