Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Missed connecting flight to LHR from Seattle due to

missed connecting flight to LHR from Seattle due to technical delay of flght to seattle from Denver . Hence overnight in Seattle (given voucher by Alaskan Air) but had to redo all Covid Tests in Seattle and upon arrival (500 dollars in seattle , 138 pounds in the UK). Also, food vouchers were insufficient, had to store bags in Seattle, transport in Seattle.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: AA flights to Denver and back booked from UK. Return flights scheduled for 9th September. Although booked with AA they informed me that first flight from Denver to Seattle by Alaskan Air, then AA flight from Seattle to Heathrow.
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: AA rescheduled us for same flight next day out of Seattle. Alaskan Air gave us voucher for hotel in Seattle and 48 dollars food ( not nearly enough). No other action taken
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no really, except added expense of having to redo all tests ( and stress), baggage storage, transport in seattle, and also i originally booked Economy plus to Heathrow but was given economy standard on rescheduled flight.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok

What is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Experience: Qualified Solicitor
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok

Hi there. Are you able to see my responses at all? Please tell me what your specific query is in relation to this so that I can best advise?

My apologies, I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with due to this being in relation to flights outside of the UK. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

You can argue that your consumer rights have been breached, in a addition to arguing the airline is in breach of contract - which has resulted in your loss. You can claim the money for the airfare, any further costs such as the Covid tests, food / storage / transport and you can add in a claim for stress (for breach of contract the courts award up to £3,000 for stress claims).

If you paid £100 or more by credit card, your card provider should reimburse you for the money you have spent with the airline - you would then have the other items to pursue the airline which would need to be done separately though it would make the claim simpler as your flight would have been refunded.
The issue would be if the airline has no UK base - you need to sue them at their registered address. If they are based in the US then it makes suing them more problematic though due to the fact there is the cross-jurisdictional element, in addition to the various losses - it would be worth asking a law firm to pursue this for you. If the claim is under £10,000 then it is classed as a small claim - some law firms offer a low fixed fee for this. You could try any of these for example :
1. http://www.lovetts.co.uk
2. http://www.cavershamsolicitors.co.uk
3. http://www.talbotslaw.co.uk
4. http://www.catalystlaw.co.uk

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,
Jim

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,

Jim