Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
1. It is not illegal to screenshot WhatsApp conversations and share them, so long as you are one of the people who engaged in the conversations. As you were part of the conversation, you can share it. However, it would not be lawful to screenshot someone else´s WhatsApp conversation and to share them if you were not a party to the conversation. This would be a breach of confidentiality. However, when it is your own conversation, these issues don´t apply and you can share them freely.
2. If you require any clarification or if there is additional information you wish to share, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your question.
3. No, it is not illegal for you to send the conversations to the married partner. However, you should just be careful about any follow on particularly if people are going to get upset about their content.
4. Neither of them can sue you unless what was stated in the WhatsApp Conversations was defamatory of one of them. Otherwise, there is no liability. However, I am merely pointing out to you that people can be very sensitive about these issues.
5. These types of conversations are at one end of the scale when it comes to getting sued. They will not result in liability but everyone involved will be quite sensitive about what is disclosed. So, you should thread carefully because you might end up on the end of legal proceedings, even though there ultimately might be no liability. The married partner might be able to sue you for intentional infliction of nervous shock, but that is only if the disclosure has a bad impact upon them. So, you should thread carefully.