RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I became a widow 4 weeks ago and i my pension has been

i became a widow 4 weeks ago and i my pension has been stopped please could you tell me if this is correct as i am only getting £i88.84 weekly which is about £30 a day that is to pay bills &food please could you tell me if this is right
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: chingford e48rs london mrs gladys odger
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i just would like to know what else to do .
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i do not know what to do next i just hope someone can help me gladys odger

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you for the question.  Firstly, I am sorry for your loss.  It would be difficult to say why this has happened but this may not be correct, I am not sure why your pension would stop upon your partner's death.   However it may depend on the type of pension.  Some pensions do not have legacy payments, meaning that once the pension owner becomes deceased the payments terminate.  Even if this is correct, clearly you are now in a different financial position, however there may both additional help available for you in the case.

The best thing you can do is enlist the help of the Citizens Advice Bureau.  They have appointed benefits advisers who are experts in this matter.  If you go to them with all your documents then they will be able to assess the situation for you.  The Citizens Advice also have programme called QBC this will allow them to input all of your information and do an assessment on your individual situation without having to contact the DWP.  This QBC system will also be able to highlight and identify any benefits you may be entitled to but are not qualifying at the moment.  If you application is rejected then the CAB can help you with any mandatory reconsideration as well as potentially provide you with representation at a benefits tribunal should this become necessary.

I hope this information has helped.  You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the  future,  please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons)