Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I'm wanting help and wanting to buy someone for advise in

I'm wanting help and wanting to buy someone for advise in regards ***** ***** a house.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: pay
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Wakefield, Leeds
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It is about buying a house and two solicitors can not agree on a way forward and I need a 2nd option.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm in the process of buying a house and both solicitors from both sides are not agreeing with each other and they are at a stalemate. I'm wanting a 2nd option and a solution to our situation in regards ***** ***** management company on the freehold house we are buying.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

How long has this been going on?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The first enquiries which were sent from our solicitor (Premier property lawyers) was on the 19/07/2021
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
All enquiries have been completed apart from the file I sent you.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
all in regards ***** ***** management company we aren't set up yet.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Our solicitor wants to do a deed of variation and the other solictor says its not needed
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If you think you are able to help, I'm happy to pay for your service.

I’m afraid that we are specifically not allowed to take instructions from here.

If the site were to be a source of potential clients, we would no longer be independent because we would have an interest in pursuing litigation.  With no interest in pursuing litigation, we can be really objective with our view is to whether something has a good chance or a limited chance of success.

In any event, for logistical reasons you would be better using a local solicitor .

I’m sorry to be so blunt here but my suggestion is that if the seller’s solicitor will not do the deed of variation, find another house.  I have known solicitors spend weeks arguing over something that would cost a few hundred pounds to resolve and this is one of those.

Whilst it may or may not be required, your solicitor has raised the issue and I think quite justifiably.

Even if it went ahead without the deed of variation, when you come to sell again, your own then by a solicitor could raise the same issue so even if you got away with doing it now, it’s likely to raise its head again.

I’m sorry to be so blunt but the way of dealing with this is to put pressure on the seller to put pressure on their solicitor.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
You have been more than helpful, I agree.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I just wanted a guide of what to do next and you have helped me. Thank you