12826847

My 14 year old son assaulted another boy (hit him on the

My 14 year old son assaulted another boy (hit him on the back with a wheel wrench), similar age, in a skate park in Tonbridge Kent. I witnessed the act along with another adult who was there acting as a security guard for the local football club. I was there to pick up my son but could not act quickly enough to prevent him from hitting the other boy. The security guard called the police who came to the park and took statements from my son, the other boy, the security guard and myself.
JA: Has your son talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your son live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: I have not talked to a lawyer about this as yet. This is in England.
JA: What steps has your son taken so far?
Customer: The background is as follows:
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My son has ADHD is autistic and has other behavioural difficulties. He and the boy concerned have known and cycled together for about 6 months. My son often lent one of his cycles to the boy who does not have one at present. Their relationship is best described as an on-off one. The other boy is known in the park as someone who is aggressive and unpredictable. My son has had problems with him in the past but despite warnings from me spent some time with him on the day concerned. According to my son the issue leading up to the assault was that the boy had been taunting him and damaged his bicycle by throwing it over a fence. We have a meeting with the policeman who attended the event, with the possibility of legal help from a solicitor suggested by the police. We have not met with the solicitor and will only be able to discuss the issue on the phone. Should I ask for the meeting to be postponed so that I can get other legal advice. The policeman concerned does not think that the matter will go far, but cannot commit himself. Social services and my son's school are aware of the situation.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What would you like to know about this matter please

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My son and I have a meeting scheduled with the policeman who took statements about the action tomorrow evening. I would like to know what are the possible consequences for my son, and whether he should be represented by a solicitor?

I am currently in court therefore I will call later once free - if this is ok please let me know by replying to me here and I will know you are waiting - thanks

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
That's fine.

I can call this evening. Is that ok?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
After 5.30pm please. Thanks.

Ok, message when you are ready.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am able to take your call.
Leon Morris

No answer?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Apologies, hit the wrong button.

No problem.  I'll try again in a few minutes.

do we have the right number for you?  Its not connecting?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
There seems to be a problem. Were you able to hear me?

No, I didn't get an answer at all.  I'll again.