How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TTlaw Your Own Question
TTlaw, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 58
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
TTlaw is online now

How can I register my marriage with the Home office? In

This answer was rated:

How can I register my marriage with the Home office?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In England and my wife is in Uganda, got married in this summer.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only have the marriage certificate and supporting documents but don't know how to submit them in order to invite my wife to come and live with me.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes, I am a single parent of two girls, need help/support in order for me to work. I have a supporting letter from my GP.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I will revert back shortly with an answer to your question.

In order to sponsor your wife to the UK she will need to make an entry clearance application as a spouse of a British citizen. Please see, for further information and the online application.

TTlaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you