TTlaw
TTlaw, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
113135352

How can I register my marriage with the Home office? In

How can I register my marriage with the Home office?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In England and my wife is in Uganda, got married in this summer.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only have the marriage certificate and supporting documents but don't know how to submit them in order to invite my wife to come and live with me.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes, I am a single parent of two girls, need help/support in order for me to work. I have a supporting letter from my GP.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I will revert back shortly with an answer to your question.

In order to sponsor your wife to the UK she will need to make an entry clearance application as a spouse of a British citizen. Please see https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse, for further information and the online application.