MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
109551472

We have been waiting to get power of attorney for our sister

We have been waiting to get power of attorney for our sister in law from about April we phoned a month ago they said it should be any time now .we phoned to day they said not a valid date on the form this was never mentioned before .my sister in law is 93 in a nursing home they say we will have to wait another 20 weeks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: They say they will have to send another form we did tell them visiting is not easy due to covid
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They didn't say anything when we paid on 1st June 2021 so why now

Good afternoon thank you for your question I am sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately if there is an error wit the dates or no date at all, then the document will be invalid and you may have to start the process again. In addition the Office of the Public Guardian does have a backlog of several months which doesn't help.

Is it not possible to post the form to the home and ask one of the staff to help you?

Marian

Good morning do you need further assistance?