How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4924
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Need some advice about a court order, England, none so far,

This answer was rated:

Need some advice about a court order
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none so far
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

What type of court order? And what is your query?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi can you help me with a issue about court order, my wife has been Collecting and dropping my son to his mum each week for over a year my sons mum has now decided she doesn’t want her to even this nothing has happened, my sons mum only want my dad or bother to pick up and drop off , nothing on the order to state who can and can’t where do I stand with this
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My dad and Bother have commitments which mean they can do it each week for me , and I work so won’t be back in time , me and my wife have a son together so she take him to collect my other son as well so she is around when needed

What is the mother's issue with your wife doing it?

Is there someone else available to do the handovers?

Does the court order refer to you doing it yourself?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
She stated that my wife has taken things to far but they have never had words only asked how my son has been ans when she take him back says he be okay and what he eaten and if he all bathed
Only my wife but my sons mim saying my dad and bother on the court order so they got to do it but they are not on there at all . Also my self I am on it to do it yes but she doesn’t want me to either as she doesn’t like to see me so what am I to do
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It all very out the blue . My sons mum will ask us to Change things to accommodate her which we do . But now she is saying she want to go back to court order for my dad and bother to collect but it’s not on there so if I’m running late home she won’t change days for me and won’t let my wife help and get my son for me

Can you attach the order please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (LV4GVMP)

The order says nothing about who should do the handovers, therefore the default position is that you, as the father, should do them. So if that corrects the issue, then that is what you should do.

The order itself makes no mention of your wife, therefore the mother is entitled to say no to handing the child over to her if she so chooses. If you want the order amended to include your wife for handovers (or to include anyone else as it doesn't name anyone), then you'll need to apply to court for a variation of the order to include the named person(s).

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you

You're very welcome.

All the best.

SASH_Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you